- August 23, 2018California Wine Month Events Make September the Time to Visit Wine Country
- May 23, 2018California Wine Sales in U.S. Market Hit $35.2 Billion in 2017
- March 29, 2018Winners Announced for Fourth Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- March 27, 2018Celebrate “Down To Earth Month” in April with California Wine Events
- March 26, 2018U.S. Wine Exports Total $1.53 Billion in 2017
- November 08, 2017California Wine 2017 Harvest Report: Strong Quality Across the State as Ample Rain Ends Drought
- September 07, 2017New Wine Institute Video Series Celebrates “California Wines: Behind the Glass”
- August 21, 2017Celebrate California Wine Month in September
- June 28, 2017California Wineries Offer Top Wine and Food Experiences Year-Round
- June 08, 2017Winery Concerts, Festivals, Picnics and More: Great Ways to Experience California Wine Country this Summer
- May 02, 20172016 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit New Record: 238 Million Cases with Retail Value of $34.1 Billion
- April 06, 2017Winners Announced for Third Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- March 27, 2017Raise a Glass to "Green" California Wines During Down to Earth Month in April
- March 09, 2017Explore California’s Wine Regions on the Rise
- February 14, 2017California Wine Exports Reach Record $1.62 Billion in 2016
- January 05, 2017Explore Southern California on a California Wines Road Trip
- December 14, 2016Explore the Inland Valleys on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 15, 2016California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2016 Green Award
- November 01, 2016Explore Monterey County on a California Wines Road Trip
- October 19, 20162016 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Normal Yield, Exquisite Quality
- October 12, 2016Explore Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo on a California Wines Road Trip
- September 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- August 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- July 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- June 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- June 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- May 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- May 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- March 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
SAN FRANCISCO — As the leading wine and food destination in the U.S., California offers many great wine and food road trips to savor this summer and fall. With 100-plus American Viticultural Area wine regions and nine of the top producing agricultural counties in the U.S., no trip to the Golden State would be complete without visiting the many wine and farm trails and checking out wine and food experiences.
California’s Wine Institute has developed five road trip ideas, offering five-day itinerary options so travelers can pick their favorites and set their own pace. And speaking of pace, don’t forget to pace yourself when wine tasting (spitting is actually polite in wine country!) and have a designated driver.
So pile your posse in the convertible and get out on the wide open California road to the iconic coast or dramatic desert country or the magnificent High Sierra. One can include amazing wine regions in an adventure from hidden gem regions like the Sierra Foothills and Temecula to the more well-traveled favorites, such as Sonoma, Napa and Paso Robles. Once a region is selected, check out the amenities offered at many local wineries, from picnics, bocce ball and concerts to hiking, biking, horseback riding, garden tours—and of course, wine tastings and seminars. Find out about special seasonal winery happenings at: California wine country events.
These five exciting itineraries—North Coast, San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento and the High Sierra, Central Coast, and Southern California— span the state and offer delicious diversity for the adventurous palate. Read the details here.