- December 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- October 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
- October 27, 20142014 California Winegrape Harvest: Earliest and Third in a String of Great Vintages this Decade
- September 16, 2014California Wines Website Available in Seven Languages for 10 Markets
- August 22, 2014New Discover California Wines Presentation Available
- August 19, 2014Cheers to the 10th Annual California Wine Month: September 2014
- May 20, 2014Winery Concerts in California this Summer:
- May 07, 2014Wine Institute Receives Drinks Business 2014 Green Award
- April 29, 2014Four Great California Wine Country Recipes for Mother’s Day
- April 24, 2014California Wine Sales Grow 3% by Volume and 5% by Value in the U.S. in 2013
- April 02, 2014Wine Institute Publishes Down to Earth, a New Book on Sustainable Winegrowing
- March 25, 2014California Wines Get "Down to Earth" this April
- February 26, 2014California Wine Exports Reach All-Time High in 2013
- February 12, 2014California Wine and the Oscars
- January 11, 2014Sommeliers Recommend Perfect Wine Pairings for California Restaurant Month
- November 20, 2013Celebrate the Holidays in California Wine Country
- November 18, 20132013 California Winegrape Harvest Report
- November 11, 2013Five Great California Wine and Snow Country Road Trips: Wine Tasting and Winter Sports Make the Perfect Pairing
- August 27, 2013California Wine Month: A Great Reason to Visit Wine Country This September
- August 09, 2013California’s Wine, Waves and Surfing Winemakers: Pacific Ocean’s Allure Inspires Winemakers and Wine Lovers
- June 06, 20139TH ANNUAL CALIFORNIA WINE MONTH TAKES PLACE SEPT. 1-30, 2013
- June 06, 2013California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2013 Green Award
- May 06, 2013Three Great Ways to Celebrate Moms on Mother’s Day and Beyond in California Wine Country
- April 11, 20132012 Wine Sales in U.S. Reach New Record: Record California Winegrape Crop to Meet Surging Demand
- April 02, 2013New California Wines Green Tour Video Celebrates Down to Earth Month in April
- March 25, 2013Get “Down to Earth” with California Wines this April with Fun Events and Activities
- February 22, 20132012 U.S. Wine Exports, 90 Percent From California Reach Record High Of $1.4 Billion
- February 01, 2013Enjoy the Perfect Pairing: Valentine's Day and California Wine Country
- January 09, 2013California Restaurant Month: A Great Time to Visit Wine Country
- November 30, 2012Celebrate the Holidays in California Wine Country
Seasonal Inspiration from
Sustainable Winegrowing Book
SAN FRANCISCO — Looking for new recipes to transform your traditional holiday fare this year? These delicious and sustainably-minded dishes from Wine Institute’s new book,
“Down to Earth: A Seasonal Tour of Sustainable Winegrowing in California,” will set the stage – and your table – for a holiday to remember.
Your celebration can have a festive start with Grilled Oysters with Creamy Chipotle Sauce. The creamy texture of the oysters and spiciness of the chipotle sauce are a luscious combination with California Chardonnay or Pinot Gris. Sparkling wine always works with oysters too.
The main attraction? Try a flavorful Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Carrots and Fresh Herbs. Serve it hot with roasted carrots and savory pan drippings. Thin-sliced leftovers make great day-after sandwiches. Pair this dish with California Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Explore an alternative to holiday turkey this year with Pan-Seared Duck Breast with Cherry Pinot Noir Sauce. Pair it with Pinot Noir or a favorite California Zinfandel.
Visit www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more exciting California recipes, fun wine country events, and information about Wine Institute’s new book, “Down to Earth,” which also makes a great holiday gift for wine lovers. It is available for purchase at Amazon.com and discovercaliforniawines.com/downtoearth.
Wine Institute is the association of nearly 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more information.
# # #
Book review copies available upon request.